For some reason I have been extremely emotional these last couple of weeks. Granted, I've had a lot going on...a new boss, boyfriend got a job, which created child care issues...but yay...he got a job! Major drama with the ex over Madi's hair...we bleached it platinum and she manic panic'd her bangs purple...this did not go over well (this will be whole different post). And I miss my son...A LOT. Seeing him every few weeks is painful...dropping him off is even more so.
However, with all of the downs, there are ups...and with every disappointment, there is something to rejoice about...And so this is what I am thanful for this year:
- My children are healthy and happy.
- I am healthy, I have a good job and great friends.
- I have a boyfriend who is kind and loving, as well as strong and opinionated...he doesn't bend to my way of thinking. He tells me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear.
- That I had an upbringing with values that have served me well...lessons I can pass on to my children.
- That I am strong and also sensitive...that I have not become jaded by bad experiences, but had the wisdom to take them as lessons and move forward.
- I am thankful for everything that I have...including the problems I face, which keep things in perspective and remind me everyday how blessed I truly am.
- To be able to witness the people my children are becoming. To have my heart surge with pride at how sensitive and compassionate my daughter is; while at the same time see how passionate and strongwilled she is when she believes in something. To be able to watch my son grow into a sensitive and strong man...one who is courteous and caring, with a witty sense of humor.
- The messy kitchen, which means we have food to eat. A messy house, which means we have a home to live in.
The list could go on and on...and I don't want to bore you to tears. So on this day, I will make a wonderful meal, gather my family around me and thank God for all I'm blessed with.
Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving with the people you love.